Your K&K Manufacturing, Inc. truck body is warranted to you, the original purchaser, to be free from defects in materials and workmanship, except as herein limited, from the date of purchase. The obligations of K&K Manufacturing, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “K&K”) under this limited warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing any part or parts which, in the opinion of K&K, shall be defective in materials or workmanship under normal use and service commencing from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover any part or parts which have been damaged as a result of an accident, misuse, abuse, misapplication, or which have been modified, altered, or repaired by other than K&K Manufacturing, Inc. The remedies described herein are the sole remedies.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS:
- 3 year structural coverage including the mainframe, cross-members and hitches.
- 2 year “Rust-Through” Guarantee on truck body components.
- 1 year coverage on all other parts manufactured by K&K Manufacturing, Inc. and incorporated into the truck body including, but not limited to bulkhead, sides, fenders, electrical components, and toolboxes.
- 90 day paint coverage against peeling excluding rust staining due to seepage.
Note: “Rust-Through” is defined as corrosion that has created a hole through the metal.
WHAT YOU MUST DO IN ORDER TO MAKE A CLAIM UNDER THESE WARRANTIES:
- Warranties are non-transferable.
- There are no warranties either expressed or implied which extend beyond the fore mentioned description.
- K&K may, at its option, require the defective part or truck body to be returned to the manufacturing facility for repairs. All transportation charges in connection with a warranty claim will be the sole responsibility of the owner.
- Except as may be prohibited by law, K&K Manufacturing, Inc. shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind or description including but not limited to loss of time, profit, inconvenience, loss of use, towing fees, telephone calls, or cost of meals or lodging.
Exclusions - The warranty shall not extend to:
- Any truck body or component which has been modified, repaired, or altered in any way without the express written consent of K&K Manufacturing, Inc.
- Any truck body or component which has been damaged by unreasonable use, including failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance.
- Electrical components, hoists, suspension components, or liftgate which is warranted separately by the respective manufacturers of said components.
- Parts not supplied by K&K Manufacturing, Inc.
- Parts which require replacement in the ordinary course of use due to normal wear.
- Fatigue cracking of the body structure caused by improper loading, overloading, or severe off-road applications.
- Damage to paint resulting from deterioration due to use or exposure, such as chipping, scratching, or pressure washing.
- Lights (LED or incandescent) will not be replaced after 30 days in service.
Specific rust-through warranty exclusions:
- Bodies which have been used to carry corrosive materials.
- Bodies purchased in primer and installed by original owner.
- Bodies to which an aftermarket liner coating is applied.
- Corrosion caused by salt from the sea air or salt and other chemicals used to control road conditions.
- Bodies with factory liner coatings will retain the 90 day paint coverage warranty.
- Rust on a painted surface is not considered a rust-through warranty.
- You must be the original purchaser of the truck body.
- You must notify K&K Manufacturing Inc. in a timely manner and within the warranty period of any defect.
- The truck body must have been used and maintained in accordance with good industry practices.